Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas with the Wildcats


Well, despite some initial misgivings, I decided to keep an optimistic attitude towards the Christmas visit of Frank’s family. They surprised me by being a rather punctual lot. Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to make sure I had enough ice that I forgot about the amount of kitty litter we’d need.



I was hoping to meet more of Frank’s immediate family, but his mom and dad sent their regrets. They’d already made plans to visit his older sister in Cairo.



Plenty of his other relatives made it, though. I never imagined he had so many cousins and uncles.




The day went pretty well up until that point, but once I started opening my gifts, things got ugly.





I tried to tell Frank’s Aunt Beth Lowell that I’m more of a dog person, but I thinkshe’d taken one too many hits off of Uncle Kerouac’s smokes. As far as I was concerned, that was the last straw.





Needless to say, Santa was extra generous to my kids this year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO...THIS WAS SUCH A FUNNY ENTRY....THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY MY JOURNAL...DIANNA WRITES GREAT POETRY AND I WANTED EVERYONE TO GET A CHANCE TO SEE IT AS WELL...I LIKE YOUR JOURNAL TOO...I WILL BE BACK

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

KISHA

Anonymous said...

All I can say is ROFLMAO!
Dianne

Anonymous said...

obviusly Sheri needs to delete your paint program! LOL you spend way too much time there hahahaha... hey this is neat though.. you can make a "photo journal" for Frank!!

Anonymous said...

Very funny!!!! Your newest fan,
Betty

Anonymous said...

Good heavens! I hope they left before food was served! LOL My kids will be so jealous that your kids got lightsabers! They've begged me, but Master Yoda keeps telling me they aren't ready. I guess he's afraid Gina will go to the dark side and Stuart will cut off his toes accidentally. Oh well.

Glad to see Christmas was such a...ummm...colorful affair at your house!

Jess

Anonymous said...

heh.  love it.

Anonymous said...

LOL
too cute!

Kids seem to strike fear ion our uber-bitchy cat too.
Happy holidays!
Laura